- This event has passed.
Masculine Integrity in Movement – A Men’s Day
June 11, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$300
We are thrilled to host our friends Michaela and Steve who will lead a special SunRaven Intimacy Workshop Series.
Movement and stillness are crucial elements of life, work, and sex. In this day you will engage in a range of movement practices specifically designed to explore the structure of your body in motion and stillness.
- Learn how to go beyond rules and conceptual ideals and connect with your own body’s intelligence to navigate yourself in the world and relationship.
- Explore how to feel, read, and communicate with others via your body and energy.
- Inquire into the principles of structural integrity as it pertains to polarity and intimacy.
- Learn the foundational requirements for proper sexual yoga and energetic work.
- Work with intimacy with strong sensation and emotions in the body.
- Investigate spontaneous physical action from emptiness.
- Learn how to construct your own personal home movement practice that is tailored to your individual capabilities and interests.
This is not a workout day or a fitness class, all physical capabilities welcome.
Led by Steve James
Steve James has worked for over ten years with private clients by referral only, both in 1-1 contexts and in closed-door intensives for small groups. He has an extensive background of deep explorations in various embodiment practices (including martial arts, yoga, and qigong), meditation, contemplative and mystic traditions, music, survival, interpersonal and business strategy, and a comprehensive sexual yoga expertise. Steve’s clients range from pioneering entrepreneur CEO’s and multi-billion dollar fund managers to Grammy-winning rockstars and Oscar-nominated actors.
Michaela Boehm is a lineage holder in Kashmiri Shaivism Tantra having received a classical tantric education from the age of 16. In addition to over twenty years of extensive academic and clinical background in psychology and counseling, Michaela also traveled and co-taught with David Deida for 13 years. She has developed a women’s curriculum for feminine embodiment as well as teaching couples and men about the principles of intimacy and polarity.
For all questions please email [email protected] or call 310-498-9224.